Any video editing folks n da house?

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 27 15:43:06 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 22:28:13 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> Good point. Although, AIUI, that does leave you limited to
> cutting only on full frames, not on the delta frames. Sometimes
> that's an issue, sometimes it isn't.

  Well you can cut anywhere (on the tail end anyways), while the
starts have to be on full frames, which you can expect to be
probably within ever 40 frames. I've noted large changing scenes
(like dropping to black or changing camera angles) it will often
goes to full frames.

  Then there's the disadvantage that if you're working with
multiple videos/samples, they have to be at the same data rate,
same resolution, and the same encoding, I've seen VirtualDub barf
and refuse to join two videos regarding a 0.01 difference in
framerate (otherwise they were both 24fps).

  But I'll let someone more proficient and practiced in video
editing than me to take this up. My editing skills (and software
I've used) is like that of a butcher with a meat cleaver: It's
messy but does the [simple] job.