Another "D is cool" post

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 29 13:12:58 PDT 2017

On Monday, 29 May 2017 at 19:54:22 UTC, Guillaume Boucher wrote:

> Seems like the perfect job for a scripting language like Python.
>
> I'm not sure why you decided to compare everything to C.  Even
> C programmers will agree with you that in D you can do things
> in a shorter way -- just slower/bloated/more magic/with less
> control/not portable/<that C programmers favourite excuse>.

Just to be sure, you realize D is not a scripting language, don't
you? This is a rather confused argument. First you say a
scripting language would be perfect for this case (without any
explanation of how it would be better than D) and then you list a
bunch of objections that would be a valid response to someone
doing this in a scripting language but not D.