A Few thoughts on C, C++, and D

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 29 14:43:30 PDT 2017

On Monday, 29 May 2017 at 20:58:54 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:

> Each time someone wraps a new library, each time someone fixes
> some bug because it affects them, etc.. these all push things
> forward inch by inch.
>
> Eventually that mass might actually reach critical.   But even
> if it doesn't, things continue to get incrementally easier for
> those that already use D and it's ecosystem.

Incremental is key. It's what enabled me to use D for my work.
Apologies to anyone that feels only enterprise code bases with at
least 10 million lines of code are worth talking about, but good
luck convincing anyone to rewrite a code base that critical and
that big. At the end of the day I'm the one writing D code for a
living and the enterprise developers are stuck writing C++ and
Java.