GPGPU progess

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 30 01:14:16 PDT 2017

On 30 May 2017 at 17:33, Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 05:39:52 UTC, Manu wrote:
>
>> How far are we from integration into LDC without using forked compilers?
>>

> The future is now!
>
> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/zcfqujlgnultnqfksbjh@forum.dlang.org
>
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/commit/69ad69e872f53c1
> 4c101e2c029c4757c4073f487
> is the final commit from the stuff I've done prior to dconf.

Awesome stuff! That was fast :)

You're right, I'm using kernel<<<...>>>, and it's very convenient.
I looked briefly and realised that I had a lot of work to get running (as
you describe), so I stuck with my current setup for the moment :(

Is a <<<...>>> equivalent going to be possible in D, with kernel object
fragments built into the binary together with the CPU code?

I'm definitely looking forward to action in this space, and the wiki to
come online :)