[OT] Windows dying

Shachar Shemesh shachar at weka.io
Wed Nov 1 09:14:22 UTC 2017

On 29/10/17 23:21, Joakim wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 October 2017 at 20:58:45 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
>> On Sunday, 29 October 2017 at 18:52:06 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> What makes you think that windows is a "dying platform"!? There is no
>> evidence to suggest this.
>
> Take a look at the links in the thread I linked you, which show PC sales
> dropping for the last six years and back at the level of a decade ago.

Yes, Windows is dying, and has been for a long long time now. And I'll
add one or two "good riddance" while we're at it.

The point to remember, however, is that it still has a long long time
still to completely die. Windows has been somewhat marginalized as
development platform in recent years, but it will be along time still
before it becomes irrelevant for users.

I'm not sure it makes sense for D to ignore this platform, despite its
bleak future.

Shachar