TLS + LDC + Android (ARM) = FAIL

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Wed Nov 1 17:44:11 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 17:24:32 UTC, Igor Shirkalin
wrote:
> We solved the subject with modifying druntime source related
> with tls. Imaging, we have lost a lot of D's features.

You'd have been better off opening an issue for ldc:

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues

TLS should work fine, though it's emulated, as Android doesn't
support native TLS.  You have to be careful how you link the
emulated TLS, and you have to include a main function even for a
shared library:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Build_LDC_for_Android#Directions_for_future_work

You'd be better off talking to the ldc devs- this is the first
I'm hearing about this- rather than going in and making changes
to druntime.

> As far as I know DMD or GDC are not available for ARM
> architecture. So we need LDC.
> A short story: we have big C/C++ project that links D (LDC)
> code for different platforms.
>
> Does new "-betterC" mean we may use parallelism with using
> separate linker?

You'll need to expand on this: you want to use std.parallelism,
which isn't working for you now, or something else to do with the
linker is going wrong?