[OT] Windows dying

Bo Bo at bolang.com
Wed Nov 1 18:42:07 UTC 2017

For a dying platform as so many advocate here, it seems to be
doing fairly well.

Maybe i am too old but the whole dying platform gig has been
doing all the way to Windows ME and Vista and 8 and ...

The reality is, for any user that wants to be productive Windows
is hard to beat. The only thing that comes close is the extreme
hardware restrictive OSx from Apple.

I do think that people here have a massive anti Microsoft bias by
just reading the comments.

Mobile will overtake PC for productivity? No ... simply no.
Windows is dying? Hardly...

Has the market changed because some users can use tablets, as
they are not hardcore user but only want to simply browse and
mail? Yes... There has been a shift there.

But will Windows be out fazed on the corporate floor? No ... Will
Windows be removed as a gaming platform and replaced by Linux /
OSx? No ...

While Linux and OSx can be used very well, both platforms share
too many issues. OSx being hardware limited by design, as it
makes testing more easy for Apple. Linux as a market that is so
fragmented on the desktop level.

At times people may want to appreciate the level of robustness
that Windows is. Its easily as stable like Linux but has the
support level for almost every piece of hardware.

With the inclusion of WSL ( guess what i use D on because, well,
i do not want to install VS! ), it combines both world.

Maybe for some people the reason why they are being so annoying
and frankly rude, is there own bias is getting in the way of the
message. Its not because a person wants to write D code, that
they want to install a multi GIGABYTE installation just so they
can compile 64bit programs.

Same with the comments that come down to "i do not see a reason
why you want 64bit on Windows", is not a good excuse.

On Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 09:24:57 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> I don't propose ignoring it, but I suggest not to invest too
> much more into it, like all the work it would take to get VS or
> other Windows IDE support up to the level where Windows devs
> seem to want.

Its just shows a pure vileness to Windows users as "We do not
care to fix issues on your platform, use our platform or install
VS and have it bit rote on your hard drive for no reason beyond
we simply do not want to support Windows on D".

No wonder some people think that Windows is a second tier citizen
in the D community. It sure as hell does not feel very welcoming
reading this thread.

When a person has a issue, the response seem to be very
aggressive attacking that person and the platform but ignoring
the actual issue. How many people posted here claiming that he
wanted to have 64bit removed, when it was NOT what he wrote.

There is a issue with Windows. The whole attacking the messenger,
the whole idiotic argumentation's that Windows is dying, it is
all pure useless trolling the people who ask a simple questions:
How to solve the D 64bit issue so that like on the Linux or OSx
platform, the users can have the SAME level of consistency.

Its so strange that Go has solved the 64bit Windows a long time
ago. Or C. Or C++ ... and so many other compilers that do NOT
need VS installed to produce 64bit binaries on the Windows
platform. So in other words, all these comments about just
install VS are pure bullshit.

If you do not like to answer the question, then do not troll
people. And frankly, Walter or whoever, there needed to have been
put a stop to this anti Windows bullshit several days ago. As
long as people use this level of disrespect towards community
members because they are not using the "right" platform.

/Signed: A pissed off Windows user