Link errors when compiling shared lib on windows

bachmeier no at spam.net
Wed Nov 1 18:49:21 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 16:02:37 UTC, Daniel Fitzpatrick
wrote:

> Oops, missed that!  What i've tried is
>
> -shared -m64 i.d
> -shared -m64 -defaultlib=libphobos2.dll i.d
>
> Still seeing a lot of linker errors.  Errors for the former:

Are you using LDC? That's the only way I've been able to create a
working DLL. I've never had to add the -defaultlib option with
LDC on Windows. Here's a post describing all the steps I took to
make a DLL that can be called from R:

https://lancebachmeier.com/computing/d-from-r-windows.html

The references to R are not important. Should be straightforward
to adopt for your use case.