[OT] Windows dying

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Thu Nov 2 08:59:05 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 2 November 2017 at 06:28:52 UTC, codephantom wrote:

> But Ken Thompson summed it all up nicely: "You can't trust code
> that you did not totally create yourself."

Even that is wrong. You can trust code you create yourself only
if it was reviewed by others as involved as you. I do not trust
the code I write. The code I write is generally conforming to the
problem I think it solves. More than once I was wrong on my
assumptions and therefore my code was wrong, even if perfectly
implemented.