What is the FreeBSD situation?

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 16:23:23 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 2 November 2017 at 15:33:39 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:

> But the only thing I can think of currently, that will
> definitely "solve" the problem, is to treat each version as a
> different OS with a new version statement. This doesn't scale
> well, so I'm not sure if that's the road we want to go down.

That seems to be the road version statements are already going
down...There is Playstation and Playstation4. There is SysV3 and
SysV4. There are 5 different ARM versions. Posix groups together
FreeBSD, OSX, Solaris, etc, which also exist on their own.