[OT] Windows dying

Computermatronic computermatronic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 02:33:35 UTC 2017

On Friday, 3 November 2017 at 18:26:54 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Friday, 3 November 2017 at 18:08:54 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
>> On Friday, 3 November 2017 at 17:25:26 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>>>
>>> Most programmers will one day be coding on mobile devices,
>>> though I admit I'm in a small, early-adopting minority now:
>>>
>>> http://bergie.iki.fi/blog/six-weeks-working-android/
>>>

>> A blog post is not evidence that the majority of programmers
>> will be coding on mobile devices.
>
> Yes, but it is evidence of what I said, that "I'm in a small,
> early-adopting minority now."  I don't know how you expect
> evidence for something that _will_ happen, it's a prediction
> I'm making, though based on current, rising trends like all
> those in this feed:
>
> https://mobile.twitter.com/termux

Can we please get back on topic please?

Whether or not windows is 'dying' is irrelevant, since it is not
going to die out as a development platform for at least the next
5 years.

I, like many other windows users, want to be able to compile
64bit binaries in windows, without having to download and install
the bloated and time consuming to download and install Visual
Studio.

I do most of my programming in Sublime Text, and frequently
re-install windows. This may not be the case for many windows
users of D, but clearly many windows users of D would like to be
able to compile x64 out of the box.