What is the FreeBSD situation?

codephantom me at noyb.com
Sat Nov 4 08:38:58 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 4 November 2017 at 08:17:44 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> Per the spec, if you don't give a module declaration, the name
> of the module is the name of the file (minus the extension).
> So, if you just give a module name (which you generally would
> in any real program rather than a quick test program), then
> it's not a problem - unless you give the module a name which
> conflicts with something that you're trying to use.

Thanks. I had actually read that spec, but forgot all about it.

Having only used D for a month or so, I'm only writing snippets
(107 so far), not actual programs.

I actually had to edit the source code of my editor, so that when
I create/save a .d file, if I happen to use hypens, then my
editor will now automatically replace them with underscores
(again, just because the way D deals with files).

I think I'll do some more editing, and have my editor insert a
default module name as well.

Still, I don't like the spec. I would prefer that dmd did not
implictly do stuff like that. Then I could regain the freedom to
name my files however I wanted.