What is the FreeBSD situation?

codephantom me at noyb.com
Sat Nov 4 10:15:28 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 4 November 2017 at 08:46:37 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> Well, the modules need names. So, either, the compiler is going
> to have to pick a name for you, or you're going to have to give
> it one.

ok..just one more ... I can't help myself..

I know that D does not have a 'global namespace', but what if did?

Then, if a file does not declare its own module namespace (like
none of my 109 snippets) then what's the big deal with having the
compiler just use that (statically known) global name space.

I wonder what the implication would be, if any.

oh..and it would save a few keystrokes...which seems to be a main
focus of numerous DIPs ;-)