Project Elvis

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 07:32:05 UTC 2017

On Monday, 6 November 2017 at 10:12:11 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Monday, November 06, 2017 09:26:24 Satoshi via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> _Everything_ that is added to the language complicates it
> further. It's one more thing that everyone learning the
> language has to learn and know and potentially deal with in
> code. Obviously, some things are worth the extra complication,
> or we'd all be programming in C, but there is always a cost to
> adding something, and the feature needs to be worth that cost.
>
> [...]

I have gone through all the threads and none of the comment
argues why we REALLY need Elvis in D. Seem to me like some kind
of "language peer influence" or something.

It can be done as a library and using ternary works (more
expressive). The problems we need to be solving ...I'm gonna cry
:( ...we aren't talking about.