[OT] Windows dying

Jerry hurricane at hereiam.com
Wed Nov 8 21:53:29 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 at 06:24:38 UTC, Patrick Schluter
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 November 2017 at 20:44:57 UTC, Jerry wrote:
>> It's amazing how many people are so lazy to download Visual
>> Studio, and some of the stupidest reason for not wanting to
>> download it to boot.
>
> It has nothing to do with lazyness. If you're behind a proxy
> that abomination of a installer of Visual Studio doesn't work.
> I tried several times, offline and online setup, read the
> Studio forums. Studio 2017 installer doesn't work inside our
> environment at work (EU Commission). Might be an issue with our
> infrastructure but it's unlikely as I managed to install a lot
> of things before.

Your the first person that's responded to me to have said this.
Do you use D at your work anyways? If you require Visual Studio
at your work, the free community version probably isn't for you
anyways. If you say it's not your infrastructure, then they might
very well be blocking the download to your work, knowing that
it's a business. But I'd say it's more likely not them blocking
it. Contact IT, if you're even suppose to be installing Visual
Studio on the computers at work.