[OT] Windows dying

codephantom me at noyb.com
Thu Nov 9 02:11:00 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 at 06:24:38 UTC, Patrick Schluter
wrote:
> It has nothing to do with lazyness. If you're behind a proxy
> that abomination of a installer of Visual Studio doesn't work.
> I tried several times, offline and online setup, read the
> Studio forums. Studio 2017 installer doesn't work inside our
> environment at work (EU Commission). Might be an issue with our
> infrastructure but it's unlikely as I managed to install a lot
> of things before.

There are many good reasons why certain organisations might block
the installation of Visual Studio (and not just due to its
ridiculous size).

It's a monster of a (potential) threat vector, when you really
think about it.

If I were managing that organisation, I'd be blocking it too ;-)

(admins can deploy internally of course, but should do so only
after a detailed risk analysis).