Project Elvis

Satoshi satoshi at rikarin.org
Fri Nov 10 11:45:25 UTC 2017

On Friday, 10 November 2017 at 11:26:41 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> On Friday, 10 November 2017 at 11:19:39 UTC, Satoshi wrote:
>>
>> You are judging C#
>
> Umm... I have 17y in C# programming. Was one of the first to
> take it up.
> Have designed/developed apps for large corporates.
Umm... My old colleague had 30 years of development skills, he
had developing apps for military sector and still he had writing
2000 lines long functions in C with memcpy and str* crap...

> Yet, I switched from C# to D.
I switched from D to C#. There aren't any positions for D.

> I don't think looking to MSFT for programming language advice
> is a good idea. D is not C#. If someone doesn't agree with me,
> ok, let them argue their case, not try to silence me.
Nobody is trying to silent you, you just started trolling there.

>> but looks where is D and where is C#.
>
> ok..and where exactly is C#?
>
> Still, to this day, trying to get itself out of the Windows
> only world.
>
> What a joke.
>
> The world moved beyond the Windows monopoly a decade ago. C# is
> still catching up..

How many corporations is using D right now? 10?
Windows is still dominant OS and there are a lot of job
opportunities for C#.

D is unusable for startups or corporations where are junior
programmers hired anyway because it's too complicated to use. And
pay senior developers for job what can be done by juniors but in
different language is not worth.
(e.g. metaprogramming is great stuff but require high skilled
programmers to use it correctly.)