[OT] mobile rising

codephantom me at noyb.com
Sat Nov 11 00:38:40 UTC 2017

On Friday, 10 November 2017 at 22:16:55 UTC, Jerry wrote:
> Indeed, you could contact Microsoft for support and know you
> are talking to professional and not some rabid fanatic that
> will split hairs over the differences between linux and freebsd.

Well.. if MSFT stop making stupid design decisions, they could
invest their money in more innovation, instead of investing it
into supporting and correcting their stupid design decisions.

Since Windows XP, what have they done:

- they release Vista (people lost their jobs over that, and MSFT
had to go back to drawing board and actually consider what their
customers want for a change).

- have you ever compared opening Event Viewer on windows xp, to
opening it on every windows version since xp...it just gets
bigger and slower to open.

- then they release Windows 7, with its fancy aero interface
(which i really liked).

- then they took it away.

- then they added all this so called 'intelligence' into the o/s,
that just bloated it and made it slower.

- then they took the start button away

- then they thought tiles are a better way to find your programs.

- then they though preventing users from customising their
system, is something that should be done.

- then they thought the boring, plain metro interface - is
innovative.

- then they thought preventing users from stopping the automatic
installation of updates was a good idea

- then thought treating the desktop like it's a mobile tablet, is
a good idea.

- then they thought they'd make it so hard for anyone to find
anything, that users would have to revert to using their new
little wiget that tracks everything the user does and sends it
off to MFST for big data analysis.

..oh man... i could just go on and on.....

The only innovation in software in the last decade or more, has
come from open source projects.

So anyone that suggest we look  to MSFT for design decisions,
better think again.

When I joined the forum a little while back, I dared to suggest
that D should be able to compile a 64bit binary on Windows,
without having to relying on gigabytes of proprietaty, closed
source, bloat from MSFT.

I stand by that comment, despite the harrassment from the many
MSFT fanboys on these forums.

I've also noticed, that since I made that comment, there's been
an increase in attempts to do just that. Which is great.