String import an entire directory

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Sat Nov 11 14:11:50 UTC 2017

At my job, I put together a database migration tool for our
services. It scans for resources in your JAR file with an
appropriate path, interprets them as SQL scripts, and applies
them to the database if it hasn't been done yet.

I want to implement this in D. However, while D allows you to
import individual files, it doesn't let you import an entire
directory.

I can make a prebuild script to generate code for this, but I'm
wondering: do other people find themselves needing this
periodically? If so, I can write a DIP for it, or at least
publish a codegen tool that other people can use.