String import an entire directory

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Sat Nov 11 19:18:51 UTC 2017

On Saturday, November 11, 2017 15:35:23 Neia Neutuladh via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 November 2017 at 15:00:03 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > You could always generate a file with the list of files that
> > you want to import and then use that to generate the import
> > statements to import each file.
>
> That's exactly what I was talking about doing. I guess I need to
> work on my communication skills?

Well, it seemed to me that your e-mail implied that you were talking about
generating code with an external script rather than simply importing a file
with the list of files to import, but you weren't very specific about what
your workaround for not being able to import all of the files in a directory
with an import declaration was.

Personally, I've never even used the ability to import the text of a file,
let alone needed to import a bunch of files. So, I have no idea how common
what you're trying to do is, but it does seem to me that it would be easy to
work around the issue of not being able to import a directory.

- Jonathan M Davis