[OT] mobile rising

Jerry hurricane at hereiam.com
Sat Nov 11 20:35:40 UTC 2017

On Friday, 10 November 2017 at 22:54:40 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> On Friday, 10 November 2017 at 22:16:55 UTC, Jerry wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, everytime I wanted to find something, I had to google
>>> it...
>>
>> Yes, that accurately describes exhausting your knowledge.
>>
>>> Then I realised I had to pay for it as well...and, that's
>>> when i gave up.
>>
>> Indeed, you could contact Microsoft for support and know you
>> are talking to professional and not some rabid fanatic that
>> will split hairs over the differences between linux and
>> freebsd.
>
> MSFT fanboy...at it again...

I use all forms of software, as such I don't go around saying
Linux and FreeBSD should do things the way Windows is doing
things. Or that support for them should be dropped by DMD, like a
certain someone is doing. If you don't like Windows don't use it,
it's that simple.

On Saturday, 11 November 2017 at 00:38:40 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> On Friday, 10 November 2017 at 22:16:55 UTC, Jerry wrote:
>> Indeed, you could contact Microsoft for support and know you
>> are talking to professional and not some rabid fanatic that
>> will split hairs over the differences between linux and
>> freebsd.
>
> Well.. if MSFT stop making stupid design decisions, they could
> invest their money in more innovation, instead of investing it
> into supporting and correcting their stupid design decisions.
>
> Since Windows XP, what have they done:
>
> - they release Vista (people lost their jobs over that, and
> MSFT had to go back to drawing board and actually consider what
> their customers want for a change).
>
> - have you ever compared opening Event Viewer on windows xp, to
> opening it on every windows version since xp...it just gets
> bigger and slower to open.
>
> - then they release Windows 7, with its fancy aero interface
> (which i really liked).
>
> - then they took it away.
>
> - then they added all this so called 'intelligence' into the
> o/s, that just bloated it and made it slower.
>
> - then they took the start button away
>
> - then they thought tiles are a better way to find your
> programs.
>
> - then they though preventing users from customising their
> system, is something that should be done.
>
> - then they thought the boring, plain metro interface - is
> innovative.
>
> - then they thought preventing users from stopping the
> automatic installation of updates was a good idea
>
> - then thought treating the desktop like it's a mobile tablet,
> is a good idea.
>
> - then they thought they'd make it so hard for anyone to find
> anything, that users would have to revert to using their new
> little wiget that tracks everything the user does and sends it
> off to MFST for big data analysis.
>
> ..oh man... i could just go on and on.....
>
> The only innovation in software in the last decade or more, has
> come from open source projects.
>
> So anyone that suggest we look  to MSFT for design decisions,
> better think again.

Taking away the start button wasn't that big of a deal. I used
Windows 8, the only people affected by it are those who are
borderline computer illiterate. The same thing with any kind of
change, if people had their way we would still be in the stone
age cause they were more comfortable with using stones than
having to learn to use something new.

Whether to use Visual Studio or not isn't a "design decision".
It's not relatable in the slightest bit. It's a tool that
generates a binary file, you aren't going to find a better one on
Windows that's as stable and has as good support, and the
toolchain down the line that has equally good support (such as
debuggers).

> When I joined the forum a little while back, I dared to suggest
> that D should be able to compile a 64bit binary on Windows,
> without having to relying on gigabytes of proprietaty, closed
> source, bloat from MSFT.
>
> I stand by that comment, despite the harrassment from the many
> MSFT fanboys on these forums.

Acting as victim, you've done more harassing than anyone. How
ironic you label people "MSFT fanboy" in the same sentence you
cry harassment.