Actor model & D

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 21:47:53 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 11 November 2017 at 20:37:59 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grostad wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 November 2017 at 18:30:33 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
> wrote:
>> On Saturday, 11 November 2017 at 13:31:20 UTC, Ola Fosheim
>> Grøstad wrote:

>>> The page is largely unverified, i.e. nobody cares that it is
>>> full of errors…
>>>
>>> D does not follow the actor model in any way shape or form…
>>
>> Wat? std.concurrency is message passing where an actor is
>> either a Fiber or Thread.
>
> That's a library

So what? Should we say that c doesn’t support threads because
they are implemented in the library.

> and it does not have much to do with actors, i.e. it does not
> ensure that every actor is an independent entity.

What’s not independent about thread? How it doesn’t ensure that?
To me std.concurrency is pretty much Erlang-style message
passing, except for supervision trees.