Project Elvis

codephantom me at noyb.com
Sun Nov 12 01:55:28 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 12 November 2017 at 01:00:46 UTC, bauss wrote:

> On Saturday, 11 November 2017 at 05:20:39 UTC, codephantom
> wrote:
>> On Friday, 10 November 2017 at 05:23:53 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
>>> MSFT spends a LOT of time studying these things. It would be
>>> wise to learn for free from the money they spent.
>>
>> I just saw this about the new 'damnit' operator, for C# 8.
>>
>> https://github.com/dotnet/csharplang/issues/556
>>
>> I thought it was a joke at first, but they are serious.
>>
>> C# seem to becoming language of operators.
>>
>> ool? a, b;
>> var x = !a! != b! ? a! : !b!;
>>
>> Yeah...lets follow there example...they seem to know better.
>
> It's a proposal, not an actually accepted implementation.

It's more than a proposal. Mad Torgersen (i.e. mean, Mads
Torgersen)...is actually pursuing its integration into C# 8 ....

https://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Seth-Juarez/A-Preview-of-C-8-with-Mads-Torgersen

15m:08s ...the 'I know better' operator (aks damnit operator)

I wonder if you'll have to upgrade your Visual Studio to the next
version though...before you can use it...or maybe your .NET
version will need upgrading..or maybe the .NET won't work on
Win7..or maybe the new VS won't work in Windows 7....of maybe
they'll release Windows 12, and only make C# 8 available on that
platform....