Project Elvis

Satoshi satoshi at rikarin.org
Sun Nov 12 08:33:34 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 12 November 2017 at 04:40:21 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 November 2017 at 01:00:46 UTC, bauss wrote:
>> I'm tired so I will end my post here.
>
> And I'm going to end all my posts here, cause I'm sick of
> arguing with MSFT fanboys, who want to restrain D's development
> by tying it into propriatery, closed source, bloatware.
Yeah, I'm MSFT fanboy because I think ?? and ?. operators from C#
are useful.
Think of a number between 1 and 10.... Yes, that's your IQ.

> I'm going to start focusing my attention on rewriting (some) of
> FreeBSD userland, using D ..and see what happens. (btw. such
> programs can easily be migrated to Linux/OSX too...or the new
> 'System D' ..when it arrives ;-)
You should starts from Kernel.

And if you don't want to start form scratch, you can use my OS
written in D :)
https://github.com/Rikarin/Trinix

> Besides being more productive, it also seems like more fun,
> than responding to MSFT fanboys (although that's been fun too).
How is rewriting the same software from C to D productive?

> Sorry MSFT fanboys, if you don't know what userland means. Go
> google it.
Yeah, nobody is as smart as you.

Good luck with rewriting the same code. It's boring, bug
introducing and useless work but do what you want.