[OT] mobile rising

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Mon Nov 13 10:26:57 UTC 2017

On Monday, 13 November 2017 at 03:54:07 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/10/2017 3:28 AM, Joakim wrote:
>> Your logic is extremely confused.
> [...]
>> You seem to be confused
>
> Please stop berating others here.

I'm not sure why you're picking out my comments from arguments I
had with Ola and Tony days ago at the end of all this, but we had
OT conversations about OS market share where I felt they were
repeatedly making the same mistake.

After going a couple rounds with them on these two issues, I
accurately characterized the tenor of their problem, fairly
mildly I would say.  I would not in any sense call that
"berating," though I did harp on each issue a couple times before
making these negative statements about them.

In any case, they gave as good as they got, and none of the three
of us complained, AFAIK.  I don't see why you want to step in now
and mischaracterize that as "berating."  If someone is repeatedly
making the same mistake, I think it's fair to generalize and
point that out, ie he _was_ confused in the points he was making.