Zig mentions D in justifying its existence

Michael V. Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 01:25:32 UTC 2017

On Monday, 13 November 2017 at 16:12:42 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Probably a good sign that they mention D with C++ and Rust and
> have looked at D features:
>
> https://github.com/zig-lang/zig/wiki/Why-Zig-When-There-is-Already-CPP%2C-D%2C-and-Rust%3F

"D has @property functions, which are methods that you call with
what looks like field access, so in the above example, c.d might
call a function."

That turned me off.  Despite everything I hate about D, I keep
coming back to it for the "Modeling Power" and "Modern
Convenience".  No other language that I'm aware of can complete
with D on those two merits.

Also, everything ends up calling a subprocedure of some or
another when all is said and done, so embrace it and leverage it,
I say.

Mike