Zig mentions D in justifying its existence

codephantom me at noyb.com
Tue Nov 14 02:29:25 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 at 01:25:32 UTC, Michael V. Franklin
wrote:
> That turned me off.  Despite everything I hate about D, I keep
> coming back to it for the "Modeling Power" and "Modern
> Convenience".  No other language that I'm aware of can complete
> with D on those two merits.
>
> Mike

Yes. That's why I like D too.

My concern (which doesn't really affect me these days), is the
potential for loss of productivity, from having to maintain
someone else's D code - given the many different paradigms and
features the D lang supports.

Finding developers that can be productive under those
circumstances, may be challenging.

I think this would be a primary concern for anyone considering
whether to adopt D into their codebase.

I go through a lot D code on github, to learn about how to use
D...I still don't see the light at the end of the tunnel..
everyone uses it differently. I don't think that metaphor can
even be used when it comes to D ;-)