Zig mentions D in justifying its existence

codephantom me at noyb.com
Tue Nov 14 08:47:16 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 at 06:11:34 UTC, Fra Mecca wrote:
> That is c++. I don't have this problem with D, but Go for sure
> represent that feeling taken to the extreme

I'm not sure i can agree with the comment about go.

if wanted a language I could get my head around, and my only
choice was go or d, then I'd go go...without doubt.

don't get me wrong. i love d. it's a refreshing language full off
new possibilites.

but at the moment, is seems less like the planet mars, and more
like a few galaxies crashing into each other....with the newly
formed galaxy still being under construction.

of course, that too would be an exciting thing to observe.

I would expect that the future of D (or future users of D), will
need to distill this chaos into something that's a little more
managable.

In the mean time, I'll enjoy the chaos...while it lasts :D

c++ however, is like a gigantic black hole...which D too will
become, I guess, at some point.