Zig mentions D in justifying its existence

Mark smarksc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 11:49:50 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 at 01:01:16 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> On Monday, 13 November 2017 at 16:12:42 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> Probably a good sign that they mention D with C++ and Rust and
>> have looked at D features:
>>

> An interesting project.
>
> Some good points made too.
>
> As someone new to D, I think this point stood out the most(for
> me):
>
> "C++, Rust, and D have a large number of features and it can be
> distracting from the actual meaning of the application you are
> working on. One finds themselves debugging their knowledge of
> the programming language instead of debugging the application
> itself."

This is pretty much inevitable, since C++, Rust and D all aim at
being a general-purpose language. Therefore they must provide
solid support for multiple programming paradigms. So there is
nothing to prevent a user of any of these languages to use all
the features of the language in an incoherent or obfuscated
manner.