Zig mentions D in justifying its existence

solidstate1991 laszloszeremi at outlook.com
Thu Nov 16 22:58:32 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 at 01:01:16 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> As someone new to D, I think this point stood out the most(for
> me):
>
> "C++, Rust, and D have a large number of features and it can be
> distracting from the actual meaning of the application you are
> working on. One finds themselves debugging their knowledge of
> the programming language instead of debugging the application
> itself."

The best thing about language features, that you don't have to
use them. I just very recently started using certain language
features (eg. templates, conditional compilation), and for a long
time I used it like Java without forcing classes into everything.
Often I just don't find a use for them, so I won't make the
compiler to do CTFE if it's not needed.