TLC for ddox

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Nov 17 03:04:20 UTC 2017

Whenever I look at the documentation, I find things that could be
improved. Consider https://dlang.org/library/, one of the most important
pages - the portal - of the hopefully future default documentation
renderer. It goes something like this:

================
Module	Description
================
std.algorithm.comparison	This is a submodule of std.algorithm. It
contains generic comparison algorithms.
std.algorithm.iteration	This is a submodule of std.algorithm. It
contains generic iteration algorithms.
std.algorithm.mutation	This is a submodule of std.algorithm. It contains
generic mutation algorithms.
std.algorithm.searching	This is a submodule of std.algorithm. It
contains generic searching algorithms.

Makes you want to go postal, innit? Reminds me of this quote from David
Foster Wallace's unfinished The Pale King:
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/621837-irrelevant-chris-fogle-turns-a-page-howard-cardwell-turns-a

Can a kind volunteer please put some tender love care into that page?

Thanks,

Andrei