[OT] mobile rising

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Fri Nov 17 05:57:29 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 16 November 2017 at 23:03:41 UTC, solidstate1991
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 at 11:46:48 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> [...]
>
> I'm thinking on picking up some Android tablet for development
> purposes, would be good to port my game engine for mobile
> devices, probably have to resort for OpenGL for graphics
> acceleration instead of using CPU blitter, although that might
> work under NEON (currently I'm using SSE2).

Great!  Let me know if you have any problem using ldc to compile
for Android.  One caveat, ldc only supports 32-bit ARM chips
right now.  I've been looking into making it work with 64-bit
ARM, but I'm not sure exactly what that platform's doing for TLS
and llvm will require some modification to make it work with D on
AArch64.  David has been working on linux/AArch64, you're welcome
to chip into that effort if you like:

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/2153

On Friday, 17 November 2017 at 02:01:41 UTC, solidstate1991 wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 at 04:34:09 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> It's filled with Assembly code, and otherwise not very
> readable. Would need a lot of work, I don't think it would
> worth it. Let's hope that MS will allow us to distribute a
> linker alongside DMD.

If you want to help with that, I suggest you see what Go is doing
and submit a PR for us to do the same:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/bwtknbuhnmadpspaccyt@forum.dlang.org