Looking for a job in USA

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Sat Nov 18 11:19:31 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 18 November 2017 at 01:31:09 UTC, Indigo wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 at 17:32:50 UTC, Satoshi wrote:
>> Hi,
>> as the title says, I'm looking for a job opportunity in the
>> USA (H1B visa sponsorship required).
>>
>> I'm experienced Software Engineer with a demonstrated history
>> of working in the security and investigations industry.
>> Skilled in C, C++, D, C#, SQL, Object-Oriented Programming,
>> Software Development and Electrical Engineering. Strong
>> engineering professional with willingness to further education.
>>
>> Actually I work as a full stack ASP.NET developer for
>> SolarWinds in Brno (Czechia).
>>
>> There are couple of my open source projects what I have done
>> in past. https://github.com/Rikarin
>>
>> If you are interested or you know someone who could hire me,
>> please let me know!
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> What is your reasoning for coming to the US? You might want to
> rethink this as America is collapsing. America will be vastly
> different in 10 years and not a great a place to be. The amount
> of corruption in the government and the amount of vitriol that
> people have for each other are astonishing... and it is only
> getting worse.
>
> If you are moving to settle down that it would be a bad
> decision IMO. If it is just temporary thing for a few years
> thing it might be ok depending on you end up.
>
> Do you mind me asking why you are leaving Czech? I hear there
> are a lot of pretty females there ;) Is it simply business or
> is it the country itself? To be honest, I couldn't imagine it
> being as bad as the US but I do not know much about it. To be
> honest, I'm curious as to what it is like over there because I
> plan on moving out of the US at some point and I'm looking for
> countries that are a bit more stable and not on the decline.

DOesn't your tinfoil hat itch?

The U.S. is not as bad as you make it sound.

Also Czech is a corrupt country with poverty like most of eastern
europe.

@OP it's going to be hard to just settle down from having work in
the U.S.

The immigration laws are getting stricter all the time and you
have to either be very rich or have more connections to the U.S.
than you have to your home country in order to settle down and
become a permanent resident.

Let's say you get a job there and you stop working at the place
(You quit, they fire you etc.) then you'll only have a very short
time to either find new work or they will end up deporting you.

If you have no family in the U.S. or an American spouse, then
you'll have a hard time being able to settle down.

Trust me, because I'm married to an American citizen and we've
hard a hard time getting through the process.