The delang is using merge instead of rebase/squash

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 04:44:24 UTC 2017

On Friday, 24 March 2017 at 16:34:46 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at 20:16:00 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
>> git rebase master my_branch
>> git checkout master
>> git merge --no-ff my_branch
>
> Yes, that's about what we aim for, rebase w/ --autosquash
> though, so that people can `git commit --fixup` new fixup
> commits to open PRs w/o leaving noise behind.
>
> https://github.com/dlang-bots/dlang-bot/issues/64
>
> Requires a local checkout of the repo which the bot doesn't
> have atm.

Did we come to any consensus on this? I ran into a dilemma with
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/5577 where I added a couple
fixup commits, and now I don't want to merge until somebody
rebases it because the history will be polluted with those extra
commits. Also, looking at the PRs linked in this thread, I see
that they're still open so AFAICT there is no clear solution.