"body" keyword is unnecessary

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Sun Nov 19 11:02:37 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 19 November 2017 at 08:13:32 UTC, Tony wrote:
> On Sunday, 19 November 2017 at 08:05:38 UTC, Tony wrote:
>>

>> OK, but how would someone who is looking at:
>>
>> https://docarchives.dlang.io/v2.074.0/spec/contracts.html
>>

> I wish this board had an edit function. That should be
>
> "OK, but how would someone who is looking at:
>
> https://dlang.org/spec/contracts.html

They wouldn't need to know. Obviously they know its purpose and
how it works if they have it in their source code, if they don't
have it in their source code and they look at contracts, then
they will be fine either way as it's not a required keyword
anymore and thus doesn't require documentation, since you can
achieve the same semantics without using the keyword.

The keyword is completely irrelevant unless you're maintaining
old source codes, in which case you should already be aware of
how it functions and if you aren't then a little research won't
hurt.