[OT] D merch

solidstate1991 laszloszeremi at outlook.com
Sun Nov 19 23:20:20 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 19 November 2017 at 15:32:10 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> Hi, Adam just sent me this link on IRC where you can buy some D
> (or rather digital mars) merch which I didn't know about yet,
> maybe it is also interesting for you:
> http://digitalmars.com/gift/index.html
>
> If you buy anything there use the gift code EARLYBIRD25, it
> gives 25% off and it just randomly showed for me on the product
> page. Got that mug including shipping for 16€ with it (also
> because of a sale), estimated arrival to Germany if you buy now
> is Dec 5, 2017 - Dec 7, 2017 according to the mail I got.
>
> imo there should be more D merch (and D-Man merch), especially
> now that christmas is coming up soon. I just bought the 'Some
> Assembly Required' coffee mug but I think it would be cool if
> there would be more mug designs and more shirt designs. I would
> really like and buy a D-Man shirt like this:
> https://wfr.moe/fBwfJt
>
> The D-Man svg can be found here:
> https://web.archive.org/web/20050213192555/http://w148.de:80/~mmartin/d/dlogo.svg
>
> What are your ideas for more D merch? I think some more shirt
> designs with D-man would be really cool. I also saw some D-man
> drawing on twitter once which made quite a nice wall clock
> background.
>
> Let's gift lots of D merch this christmas :p
>
> PS: can Walter maybe add designs to that page then so it stays
> updated? If anyone knows a better site for custom merch that
> would be good too, or if anyone knows any companies producing
> such products cheap so we could make a custom shop.

I was thinking on making a single-chapter manga on programming,
featuring a redesigned version of my attempt at a D mascot (see
here:
https://ziltoid1991.deviantart.com/art/DLang-chan-624180895), and
it would be a parody of Initial D. I won't do any longer series
on programming even if I see a lot of potential in it, mostly due
to labor cost (and having a lot of other ideas too), although it
would change if somebody would do the art for me, so I can work
on my main projects, also with a different premise.

Other than that, I think simple pins and T-shirts would be great
ideas, I could easily make a few designs using publicly available
stuff like logo vectors, a lot of Facebook T-shirt sellers do the
same, but often with copyright infringement.