Looking for a job in USA

codephantom me at noyb.com
Tue Nov 21 01:42:51 UTC 2017

On Monday, 20 November 2017 at 23:48:44 UTC, sarn wrote:
> Ignoring the whole American Doom thing: Australia, the UK,
> Canada and New Zealand are all English-speaking countries with
> decent job prospects and good enough crime/corruption levels by
> world standards.
>
> Sydney's expensive, but there are very good tech opportunities
> if you can network.  Melbourne is cheaper and I hear it has
> good tech jobs, too.  Canberra also has tech work, but a lot of
> it requires security clearance and is hard for new migrants to
> get into.

It's also just been revealed, that Melbourne (where I live) is
'the most progressive' major city in Australia. Whoohoo!

https://marriagesurvey.abs.gov.au/results/results.html

(Canberra (in the ACT) is more like a minor, minor city)

It used to be competitve between Melbourne and Sydney (as to
which was the most progressive), but Sydney (mostly Western
Sydney really) has a 'very large' numbers of immigrants (from
countries where religion is still paramount).

But Australia has a pathetic government at the moment, and none
of us are very confident about the current, or future econonmy. A
bunch of idiots are in charge. They just seem to want more coal
mines, so we can export more polluting crap to the rest of the
world. Bunch of idiots!

Somehow, the economy is still working...for now. But I hate to
think what will happen if some major economic shock arrives ... I
think we'll be in big trouble.

Crime is becoming a significant problem in Melbourne too, and
again, immigration seems to be a central factor (or should i say,
the lack of integration of immigrants). Again, this goes back to
the idiots that are in charge.

I left I.T due to too many immigrants coming into the sector, and
driving down wages.. alot. And now too much outsourcing to
companies employing immigrants (due to low wage costs).

So I don't think immigrants will have much problem getting a job
here.

(it's the rest of us that have the problem :-(