Looking for a job in USA

Indigo Indigo at Go.go
Wed Nov 22 10:24:52 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 18 November 2017 at 08:59:53 UTC, Satoshi wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 November 2017 at 01:31:09 UTC, Indigo wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 at 17:32:50 UTC, Satoshi wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> as the title says, I'm looking for a job opportunity in the
>>> USA (H1B visa sponsorship required).
>>>
>>> I'm experienced Software Engineer with a demonstrated history
>>> of working in the security and investigations industry.
>>> Skilled in C, C++, D, C#, SQL, Object-Oriented Programming,
>>> Software Development and Electrical Engineering. Strong
>>> engineering professional with willingness to further
>>> education.
>>>
>>> Actually I work as a full stack ASP.NET developer for
>>> SolarWinds in Brno (Czechia).
>>>
>>> There are couple of my open source projects what I have done
>>> in past. https://github.com/Rikarin
>>>
>>> If you are interested or you know someone who could hire me,
>>> please let me know!
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> What is your reasoning for coming to the US? You might want to
>> rethink this as America is collapsing. America will be vastly
>> different in 10 years and not a great a place to be. The
>> amount of corruption in the government and the amount of
>> vitriol that people have for each other are astonishing... and
>> it is only getting worse.
> Actually, Slovakia (SK) and Czechia (CZ) are two most corrupted
> countries in the EU. We are paying huge taxes and getting
> nothing in back.
>
>> If you are moving to settle down that it would be a bad
>> decision IMO. If it is just temporary thing for a few years
>> thing it might be ok depending on you end up.
> I wanna try to live in the US for a few years and then decide
> if I should leave or settle down.
>
>> Do you mind me asking why you are leaving Czech? I hear there
>> are a lot of pretty females there ;) Is it simply business or
>> is it the country itself? To be honest, I couldn't imagine it
>> being as bad as the US but I do not know much about it. To be
>> honest, I'm curious as to what it is like over there because I
>> plan on moving out of the US at some point and I'm looking for
>> countries that are a bit more stable and not on the decline.
> Actually, CZ is rising up and getting better, but in business
> area and salaries it's still worse than in the US.
>
> Some places in EU are not safe yet. A lot of immigrants are
> going there from war zones. They are like groups of anarchists
> destroying everything, stealing, raping and not respecting the
> laws.
>
> Salary... In US you get $100,000/year as a senior developer or
> something like that, right?
> There it's only like $30,000/year. But the price of stuff like
> cars, grocery and everything what you can buy on amazon, e-bay,
> etc. is the same.
>
> The concept of a money in US seems to be different than in SK.
> There it's more about survive than enjoying life.
>
> People in US seems to be little more opened to strangers than
> here.

> [...]

Um, it's the same! You won't escape it if you come to stay. Just
because the shit hasn't hit the fan yet does not mean it's not
coming down the pipe. There are many here that seem to believe
that ignorance is bliss, that is true, for a while.

If you looking in the the US news you will see that there is a
major killing happening just about once a week. The politicians
are all crooks, provably, and the CEO's of many of the largest
companies are in cahoots with them. No different than where you
are from. The laws here are so screwed up that law abiding
citizens are routinely killed by cops or cops killed by people
and it all turns out to be a "mistake", or worse, someone's ego.

Again, it sounds like you are experiencing this in your own
country now... so, if that is what you are trying to escape, you
are just moving in to a bigger pond with the same type of scum.
Again, it matters not that some people want to stick their head
in the sand.

Our healthcare system is probably far more screwed up than your
country. There are many Americans who are bankrupt over things
like a broken arm, etc... 100k$ bill for 3 hours of work... and
these insurance companies make billions in profits and it only
goes up.

Wealthy and ignorant people(depending who's party is president),
of course, love to believe that these are isolated problems and
every country has them, etc.  Almost 30 years ago OJ Simpson was
big news and cop murder(er)s were very rare. This is not to say
there was no as much corruption, but the corruption is far
different, much more dangerous because there are many people with
big bucks who are extremely evil or ruthless(can, at the drop of
a dime, create a whole can of worms that takes the country many
years to try and fix).  So, what this proves is the world is
becoming more dangerous and more insane. As time goes on the
division lines are ingrained deeper(just as a persons face ages
and it's a sign). Everyone knows this because the world is far
more dangerous than it was. My point is, do you want to be at the
center of the economic nuclear explosion?

The argument is "Oh, the US is great now, so easy to make money
and every one is happy"! Which is only true for those that are
making money and being happy. about 80% of the population is
working their ass of for ever growing corporations. These large
corporations suck the wealth out of these people's work. Proof?
The CEO's tend to make at least 2 orders of magnitude more income
per year per its workers. It's a simple ponzi scheme and that is
the purpose of these businesses(if not when they are created, at
some point down the line when the people who run it no longer
care about the original purpose but simply are their to make
money). Of course, it is great if you are these CEO's and those
around them. But for the worker just trying to make a living,
it's not. You would thing that equal work = equal pay... and
CEO's obviously don't work 2 orders of magnitude hard than their
workers, which, again, proves it is a pyramid scheme. A real
corporation would give everyone who invests in the company
equally an equal share. This would generally limit everyone's
income to approximately the same amount for doing the same types
of things. (So a security guard would not make the same as the
CEO, but they would not be disproportionate). Of course, the
CEO's and their minions lose in this scenario but everyone else
wins.

In any case, you know that type of stuff but the point is that it
is the same in the US but the US is the epicenter. Because the
wheeling and dealing of money by people and companies that do
nothing to help humanity progress not only grows but create a
massive intractable problem. It's like a fat kid who can't stop
eating... at some point the food runs out, and usually very
quickly.

So, we know things are getting worse, we know that the US has the
biggest economy that is both fragile and extremely invested in
the money game where only the people in power benefit. This means
that the people in power will not, under any circumstances change
their ways to give up their power. We see this in their attitudes
and how they behave. It is so rampant as to be quite astonishing
that the largest and most powerful nation is being run by
probably about 80% of it's leaders being that way. Of course, the
bigger they are...

I think it is because these problems have crept up on this
country, most blissfully ignorant. It's like how things are swept
under a rug. Many of the problems of racism and poverty were
ignored, which are now turning in to a cancer(there are constant
race issues going on now and many of the blacks absolute hate
anything not black)... these problems, there is no hope and will
only get worse. These problems will grow like weeds until they
engulf this country. It's probably many decades off but it will
sink the ship alone if something else doesn't.

One could write many volumes of the problems in the US. Your
country is small so it has smaller problems... the same but
smaller. If you are trying to get away from them, the US is not
the place unless you only plan to stay temporarily. Depending on
your age, if you stay here and things don't work out for you as
well as you hope, you might be in your older age when the US
collapses, and that is a place you don't want to be. The
experiences you will experience will probably be what you can
imagine happening in WWII. If the economy collapses one can
expect mass murder. Many of the impoverished areas will lash out
at everything they hate(as now there is no order and no one to
stop them). We see these people doing this already in small
groups. While you may or may not escape such a thing I would not
assume it. Whatever happens about the closest to what people can
experience as hell on earth would happen, as far as the constant
fear of having protect yourself, possibly killing for defense,
trying to constantly find food, etc. Of course, it is all context
depending, I'm giving a rather negative scenario. One could give
better scenarios like "You might win the powerball and live
happily ever after"... and it is possible too, but less probable.

This country is not getting better. IMO, it has a cancer and that
cancer is not being taken series. No one on either side wants to
work together to solve the problems... and hence the problems
will get worse.

Now, if you don't believe me and want to take the head in the
sand approach like a few have expressed, I offer you a simple
experiment to prove truth: Simply start watching the US news.
View the local news around places you might want to go(if it's a
very rich area expect to see less negative news, if it's rather
poor expect to see more negative news). Watch the national news.
You can get on you tube and find a lot of individuals telling
their own story and there are lots of video of the corruption
from the government(which proves the common mentality and the
implications there of).

Unfortunately, none of this is exaggeration. It proves the spiral
is downward(negative) rather than upward. If anyone denies that
then they are imbeciles, it is factual. An ideal and peaceful
worlds does not have the types of things in it that a the worse
ideal worlds do and it should not take a very intelligent person
to know that what one sees in the American mentality and social
relations(and humanity in general) are things that are not found
an ideal and peaceful world. E.g., the constant hate for people
of different backgrounds or skin color.

So, all one can argue is the magnitude of the problem. Is it
insignificant like some say(or want to believe)? or is it
significant like others say(or want to believe).

Only you can and should decide that. But you obviously are aware
of it in your own country and then probably can see it in this
country if you look. You should look before you come here, which
is my point with all this. I do not know if there are better
places to be of course, Maybe America is the best of the
worst(which could also be the worse of the worst?)? Obviously
there are other places in the world we know are bad and America
is better(Sudan, Congo, etc).

Chances are, if you come to America and are a hard worker you can
make a living and live comfortably enough. Being a foreigner your
likelihood of negative experiences goes up(more likely to have
issues either with the government or the people around you). You
will have to deal with the constant insanity of Americans
though(why do you think their country is so screwed up?). Of
course, the insanity is no different than anyone else but it is
different in how it comes out. People tend to be very shallow,
very invested in stupid shit like sports, don't care about others
unless they are friends or family, etc. Over half the country is
very religious and believe in a some of the stupidest shit that
distorts their understanding of reality and shapes the whole
dynamic. A large part of the population are imbeciles. They don't
know how to do anything about drink alcohol, fuck, and watch tv.

Again, this is not to say there are no goods. But you should no
the cons if you are going to make such a big decision. You
shouldn't want to meet a chick, fall in love, and then 10 years
later she tells you she's HIV positive transvestite escort and
her boyfriend is getting out of jail for triple murder tomorrow
and if he finds out about you he's going to kill you, would you?

Do your homework and you see what you see. What I want you be
able to do is make the right choice! Whatever it is, believe me,
I hope I'm just a crazy person and America is nearly a person
world and everyone is happy... But I'm also a realist and I don't
fool myself in to believing what I want if the evidence suggests
something different.

My prediction, if it matters, is that the US will continue with
only getting mildly worse(assuming NK or Iran issues don't go
nuclear) for about 5-10 years. In about 15-25 years the US will
start having major issues(sort like precursors to the
earthquake). Mainly it will effect the poor and lower middle
class, but their problems are ultimately everyone's problems).
Soon after (20-30) years the US will start to nose dive and will
go in to massive organ failure. This is when the shit hits the
fan and this is when the US will quickly become a 3rd world
country. It will be hell for most for a short time and then just
chaos, fear, uncertainty, etc for those that are left.

I'm almost certain that the US will not slowly recover and learn
and pull out of it's tailspin(although it is fully capable of
doing it, it would take leaders to do it and no one is doing it).
The trend is that it is getting worse. We are doing all the wrong
things. The rich and poor are becoming more polarized, the black
vs white is becoming more polarized. The government and the
people are becoming more polarized(the government is starting to
become it's own entity independent of the people). There is some
hope but very little. People are just too selfish and too stupid
to care enough to sacrifice. People are not learning and not able
to be self sufficient. Without the economy supplying all the
necessities such as food, water, and shelter(prebuild for your
convenience) these people cannot exist. Many do not even know how
to cook without a microwave nor how to grow anything to eat. This
type of behavior then makes them extremely dependent on the
system and the system on them. Once one goes, the other goes. If
you think of America(or humanity) like a program, it is a program
that is buggy and the methodology of creating it creates more
bugs, which creates more bugs. Instead of changing the method so
that bugs are minimized, the same flawed method is used. This is
the same in all countries and of all countries that have failed.

Anyways,

I have been told by several that Australia is a good place to go
and I myself have thought about it. It seems that Australia is
probably a rather insulated society in that the rest of the world
could kill itself off and they'd be ok(probably a lot to do with
it it being so physically isolated and somewhat small. Goods and
people can't move as easily between it and the rest so mentally
the people are more independent minded and closer knitted
society). I've heard though that it is expensive to live there
and one it is difficult to stay.