Introducing Nullable Reference Types in C#. Is there hope for D, too?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 14:56:02 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 23 November 2017 at 08:47:43 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> Many high level languages let you use 'unsafe' code, where you
> can write erroneous operations - and then you're back in the
> world of undefined behaviour.

Not many, but many allow interfacing with C, then it is up to
those user to verify the correctness of their C code.

> Are you saying, that a high level language can trap *all*
> errors?

Not sure what you mean by trap, they use static or runtime checks
to uphold the language specification.

Whether something is an error or not beyond that is highly
subjective. I.e. we cannot talk about errors unless we have a
specification to judge the actual behaviour by.