Looking for a job in USA

codephantom me at noyb.com
Fri Nov 24 02:18:09 UTC 2017

On Friday, 24 November 2017 at 01:26:49 UTC, Indigo wrote:

> Yes, there are good people, what you fail to realize is that
> there are very few running the show.

So that's the purpose of having a democracy. You get to say who
runs the show ;-)

If (majority) people wanted Trump running the show, then that's
what they got.

Although, as i understand it, Trump did not get the majority
'popular vote'..so that's encouraging ;-)

In any case, it was close. So that's a good sign.

But I think the real problem was that the U.S became to passive
about protecting it's own interests under Obama...perhaps in the
name of international order and peace.

But I think that policy failed, and that's why Trump managed to
appeal to people. Trump is very assertive, and although he goes
over the top, i think the people in the U.S really want a
president who is assertive.

That's just my guess anyway. What would I know ;-)

But one thing if for sure, the next president that gets elected
needs to assert U.S power. Anything less, and the world will be
in trouble soon enough.

The U.N has become a joke.
The W.T.A has become a joke.
That's a bad sign for global security.
And so, countries are naturally looking more inwards now, to
protect their interests.

I cannot say whether I trust or don't trust Mark Zuckerberg, but
his Harvard commencement speech this year was really, really
inspiring. Assuming you can take him at his word, he could make a
great U.S president .. perhaps. I don't see anyone in politics,
in the U.S or any other country for that matter, with a vision
like the one Zuckerberg provides in his speech. The current
generation of politicians is the problem I believe. In a
democracy, the people already have the power to change that,
peacefully... just need the right person to step up, with a
vision the country can get behind *in a united way*.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM8l623AouM