Looking for a job in USA

Indigo Indigo at Go.go
Fri Nov 24 03:07:57 UTC 2017

On Friday, 24 November 2017 at 02:18:09 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> On Friday, 24 November 2017 at 01:26:49 UTC, Indigo wrote:
>>
>> Yes, there are good people, what you fail to realize is that
>> there are very few running the show.
>
> So that's the purpose of having a democracy. You get to say who
> runs the show ;-)
>
> If (majority) people wanted Trump running the show, then that's
> what they got.
>
> Although, as i understand it, Trump did not get the majority
> 'popular vote'..so that's encouraging ;-)
>
> In any case, it was close. So that's a good sign.
>
> But I think the real problem was that the U.S became to passive
> about protecting it's own interests under Obama...perhaps in
> the name of international order and peace.
>
> But I think that policy failed, and that's why Trump managed to
> appeal to people. Trump is very assertive, and although he goes
> over the top, i think the people in the U.S really want a
> president who is assertive.
>
> That's just my guess anyway. What would I know ;-)
>
> But one thing if for sure, the next president that gets elected
> needs to assert U.S power. Anything less, and the world will be
> in trouble soon enough.
>
> The U.N has become a joke.
> The W.T.A has become a joke.
> That's a bad sign for global security.
> And so, countries are naturally looking more inwards now, to
> protect their interests.
>
> I cannot say whether I trust or don't trust Mark Zuckerberg,
> but his Harvard commencement speech this year was really,
> really inspiring. Assuming you can take him at his word, he
> could make a great U.S president .. perhaps. I don't see anyone
> in politics, in the U.S or any other country for that matter,
> with a vision like the one Zuckerberg provides in his speech.
> The current generation of politicians is the problem I believe.
> In a democracy, the people already have the power to change
> that, peacefully... just need the right person to step up, with
> a vision the country can get behind *in a united way*.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM8l623AouM

If you believe any of our "leaders" are actually leading this
country in the right direction(regardless of party) then you are
an imbecile. I hope you don't believe that. Those that think
Trump is president material are morons. Those that think Hilary
is president material are also morons.

We have some of the brightest and smartest minds in the world and
yet we scrape from the bottom of the barrel. Yes, we live in a
supposed democracy. Two problems with that: 1. 80% of the
population are idiots who little common sense and no
understanding of the big picture(some may be geniuses at baking
cakes, but that is pointless in helping decide the fate of
humanity). 2. We actually don't have a democracy and even if the
corruption is only superficial, money and power are decides
elections.

Zuckerberg is a moron. It is a capitalist who's sole purpose is
to make money for himself and the people around him. Do you
seriously want America to be run like facebook? Our children are
not being educated to be the best but to be the worst. If you are
entitled then you will get to choose from the cream... if not,
then you are assumed to be worthless and pushed in to the
meaningless cracks of the machine where you are ground up and
everything around you becomes meaningless. How many children have
been wasted simply because someone diverted money in to their own
pockets? Children that could be used to solve many of the worlds
problems.

The system is fundamentally flawed, not the people. The rules of
the game determine the outcome, ALWAYS. People are in to blaming
people("the other side") constantly for the problems when it is
fundamentally due to the system itself.

For example, take any game. A game has "rules". The rules
determine how the game works. If the rules have a flaw in it then
people will exploit the flaw to win, because the purpose of
having a game is to to create winners and losers(due to the
competitive nature of humans). Imagine a game of chess with some
10^50 moves. Now, the rules of the game are only a handful but
the complexity it creates is staggering. The rules of chess can
be written on a page of paper. Take the law, it is a game with
rules. Winners win and losers lose. The law is hundreds of
volumes of pages. The complexity of that game is beyond anything
like chess. 10^(10^(10...)...) 50 times maybe.  It so so complex
that actually no one comprehends it and most of it is meaningless
and illogical created by the "law makers".

Just like chess, most people don't understand it nor can play
well and hence come out losing. The thing about losing is there
can only be one winner, or, rather, there are far more losers
than winners. Again, that is basically the point... some type of
flaw in the human psyche I suppose.

The problem is, humanity isn't a game. Every human lost is a loss
for humans. Every child wasted by not giving a proper education.
Every homeless person who is wasted because they are assumed to
be flawed... while the winners party like it's 1999(and in the
process wasting a huge amount of resources).

One day, humanity will run out of many of the things that allows
it to do what it does... when that comes, then what? Will we have
all the resources to tackle the problems we face? Or will
humanity simple be traveling down the road of extinction?

What is the point of all the great things humanity does if in the
end we lose? We are strong together, yet we constantly divide in
to smaller and smaller groups. We are too primitive with too much
power. America is no different as it is a representative of
humanity.  It should be the shining city on the hill showing how
great humanity can be if it works together... which was is
direction a few decades ago. It is not longer heading in that
direction. We are reverting back to the primitive mindset. The
mindset of winners and losers, rich and poor, black and white. If
you realized how pathetic education is in America and had enough
brain cells to realize that children are the future... it's
impossible to see any hope.

The problem is simple, the game is closed and for the "haves" to
exist there must be "have notes". Zuckerberg didn't gain his
wealth had no cost... it comes from somewhere... where? If you
don't think about this problem well, you lose. (where does
"wealth" really come from?)