Website down: code.dlang.org

user1234 user1234 at 12.nl
Mon Nov 27 16:13:25 UTC 2017

On Monday, 27 November 2017 at 15:34:22 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Monday, 27 November 2017 at 10:20:17 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> There seems to be a problem with
>>
>> http://code.dlang.org/
>>
>> at the moment (27.11.)
>
> FYI there are a couple of mirrors now:
>
> https://code-mirror.dlang.io
> https://code-mirror2.dlang.io
> http://code-mirror3.dlang.io
>
> DUB 1.6 (part of 2.077) comes with mirror support and includes
> one mirror. Dub 1.7 (part of the upcoming 2.078) will include
> more mirrors by default).
>
> If Travis is failing due to being unable to download the
> binaries, you might want to vote for this old pull request:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/installer/pull/218

I think that another option is to put the mirrors in the script
used by TravisCI.
When it fails there are retries. Instead it could try the
mirrors. Retrying on the same server is almost a promise of
failure. code.dlang.org might be done for an hour or so (99% of
the time the offline duration is of this order *) because of some
maintenance or whatever. It's a complete luck if between two
retries the server goes online again.

* There's been once a real outage, eg 6 hours, IIRC but usually
it's just a matter of minutes