Looking for a job in USA

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Mon Nov 27 23:22:58 UTC 2017

On Monday, 27 November 2017 at 23:10:22 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/27/2017 12:07 PM, Joakim wrote:
>> It has been said that you shouldn't respond to such spam
>> posts, but my guess is that's only to make it easier to remove
>> the thread, by not having to hunt down all the replies or
>> something.
>
> Responding to spam encourages it. It's what the spammer wants.

I find that hard to believe, especially since spam threads like
the one I linked are completely nuked from the forum.

> The same goes for abusive posts.

Sure, that makes sense.  I sometimes try to reason with the
person, but not if the abuse continues.

> If you still feel you must reply to it, do not quote any part
> of it.

In the mailing list thread linked above, I only responded to tell
codephantom that it was spam and that you prefer people not to
respond.  I figured that was okay since he already responded to
it.

btw, I sent you an email last week about some forum deletions
that some moderator may have gone overboard with, haven't gotten
a response yet.