DIP 1006 - Preliminary Review Round 1

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 02:06:02 UTC 2017

On Monday, 27 November 2017 at 19:20:53 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:

> What would be the appropriate way to follow up on that idea?
> The last I saw DIP 1006 was undergoing formal review, but the
> end of that period seems to have passed with no further
> follow-up.

Formal reviews have two stages. The first stage is just a
courtesy to allow last minute feedback before I ship the DIP to
Walter & Andrei. After I send it to them, I await their decision
and then I report it here.

In this case, only the first stage was completed. It's in their
hands and as soon as I receive a decision I'll report it here.

> I could always write up an alternative DIP, but I don't know if
> that would be the most constructive way forward.

I would say that's the thing to do, but it's probably best to
wait until we get a decision on 1006.