Thoughts about D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Nov 28 05:03:46 UTC 2017

On 11/27/2017 6:55 PM, John wrote:
> Should add optlink to that list, would love to see it converted to D!

So would I, but there's no chance of that (unless someone else wants to pick up
that flag). Years ago, I attempted to convert it to C. It was possible, but an
agonizingly slow process. The worst problem was the complete lack of a test
suite for optlink, so there was no reasonable way to know if I broke it or not.

Next, Win32 is facing obsolescence. 15 years ago, it would be worth the
investment. Today, not likely.