Thoughts about D

John Gabriele jgabriele at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 28 23:07:32 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 at 08:58:46 UTC, Joakim wrote:

> Since Mike started the official D blog last summer, downloads
> of the reference compiler are up 90%:
>
> http://erdani.com/d/downloads.daily.png
>
> I don't think that's a coincidence and attribute a significant
> chunk of that to his efforts and those who wrote posts, which
> is why I suggested starting an official blog years ago.

The big recent spike appears to coincide with DMD being
re-licensed as fully open source, as well as the GDC inclusion
into GCC.

Years ago I was interested in D but considered the licensing to
be a show-stopper. I've recently come back to learn it proper and
try it for some small projects precisely because of the licensing
change.