Attributes on Enum Members: Call for use cases.

Michael V. Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 14:23:30 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 at 19:38:44 UTC, Meta wrote:

> I'd be interested in working on a DIP like this Michael, but I
> also want to expand the scope to allowing UDAs on function
> arguments as well. We should have some solid use cases in mind;
> let's take this to private email.

I'm on IRC almost daily under the alias JinShil.

Feel free to take this DIP and run with it.  I don't know if I
would be much help anyway as I personally don't have a use case
for this feature; it just seems like an implementation oversight
to me.  That's why I asked for others to submit use cases.

That being said, having just finished a recent MVC ASP.Net Core
project, I realize Seb's web-routes would be an outstanding use
case; I don't know why it didn't occur to me.  Just further
evidence I may not be the right person to advocate for this
feature.

ORM also occurred to me as a potential use case.

Mike