Chocolatey Packages for DMD, LDC, and GDC

Manuel Maier mjmaier at gmx.de
Wed Nov 29 20:44:15 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 29 November 2017 at 01:49:00 UTC, rjframe wrote:
> dvm works well with cmd; not so much with Powershell.

Indeed, I was using powershell! Using cmd now and suddenly it all
works.

> In Powershell, the current directory and working directory are
> separate; `cd` outside your home folder and execute
> `Get-Location` and '[environment]::CurrentDirectory` to see
> them both. Powershell lets you do things like set a registry
> key (and other non-filesystem objects) as your working
> directory (`cd HKLM:\SOFTWARE; ls`)

I've actually come across this myself a couple times already,
though I didn't really investigate what the cause of it was. Well
now I know.

Thanks for pointing this out! Maybe it would be worthwhile to add
some kind of "FAQ" or "Troubleshooting" section to the GitHub
README of dvm.