Thoughts about D

codephantom me at noyb.com
Thu Nov 30 00:23:10 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 30 November 2017 at 00:05:10 UTC, Michael V.
Franklin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 November 2017 at 16:57:36 UTC, H. S. Teoh
> wrote:
>
>> Doesn't this mean that we should rather focus our efforts on
>> improving druntime instead of throwing out the baby with the
>> bathwater with BetterC?
>
> Exactly!  We should be making a better D, not a better C.
>
> Mike

There is no better C, than C, full stop.

-betterC  should become ..   -slimD

But we really do need a focus on both -slimD and -bloatyD

For D to be successful, it needs to be a flexible language that
enables programmer choice. We don't all have the same problems to
solve.

C is not successful because of how much it constrains you.