Thoughts about D

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Thu Nov 30 09:01:20 UTC 2017

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 09:37:30 Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 30.11.2017 04:29, Walter Bright wrote:
> > The code *size* causes problems because it pushes the executing code out
> > of the cache. Another issue (I should check this again) was doing null
> > checks on member function calls, which is not necessary since if they're
> > null it'll seg fault.
>
> This is not true for final member functions.

It's close enough. Instead of segfaulting when the member function is
called, it'll segfault when it tries to access one of the member variables
or non-final member functions inside the member function. So, there isn't
any more need to add null checks for final member functions than there is
for non-final member functions.

- Jonathan M Davis